Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lots of horse pictures and my thoughts on chinchilla feed

I am experimenting with the benefits of feed when showing a chinchilla.  When doing this it is hard to see whether it is truly helping or I am just showing a better quality chinchilla than the other chinchilla that is not getting the feed.  However I do think that it is helping to some degree.  When doing this I have to be EXTREMELY careful that I do not cause the chinchilla to get Hepatic Lipidosis (I hope this is the right way of spelling it and I have the right name.  I tend to get names for diseases mixed up)  AKA The fatty liver disease.  This is caused when a chinchilla has to many treats or a poor diet.  I can go into that later but one of the symptoms is a hunched back.   Although rabbits are completely different than chinchillas I once got a mixture of what to feed show rabbits before they are being shown to improve the coat.  I add the supplement to the food I am currently feeding them 1/4 +/- of a teaspoon everyother day.  It consists of some Calf Manna,  Rolled Oats, and Black Sun Flower Seeds with the occasional Pearled Barley.  I am going to try different things within this to see the what works after I have time to get more research about it.  So far I have had no health problems to be seen and it is only fed starting 1 month in advance to a show (the next show isn't until October).  This is all my own opinion and I have spent alot of time researching this. 
Anyways on to something fun!  Here are some pictures that we took of the horses yesterday!

Isn't he GORGOUS?!?!?

She looks almost dead the way she is laying there!

Life is tiring and hard when your a horse.  You do almost nothing!

What a nut.  It is good that we have one clown!  She got her leg stuch ing the fence.

Champ again!

I was scratching her chest and she was making funny faces.  Sorry,  I look really bad in this picture.  I was cleaning chinchilla cages. 

More funny faces!

She is so graceful and elegant!

"What are you looking at?"

Horses are so funny looking when they get up!

Mid morning nap!

Sleeping hard.

ZZZZZ.....

Tate had treat's in his pocket and Jewel was desperate for a treat.  She is so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment